Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog 1

Personal Information
Hobbies and Activities
Why I Chose the Education Field
What My Intentions Are as an Educator

My name is Jordan Sweat, and I am 21 years old. I was born and raised in Mobile, and plan to stay here for the remainder of my life. I went to a local private school here in Mobile known as Faith Academy, so coming to USA was an easy choice for me to make. I am the baby of my family, although it is only me and my sister. Me and my sister are 11 years apart which caused me much grief coming up. Some of my biggest hobbies are things that deal with the outdoors. My favorite of these would have to be fishing and basically just being near and in the water. Some of my other hobbies include outdoor and indoor sports. My favorite indoor sport is bowling.

bowler bowling in an alley


I chose the field of education in my senior year of high school, after my favorite teacher Mrs. Crutchfield told me I would be a great teacher. Social studies was an easy choice for me to make because history is my favorite subject. In this day and age the role of a teacher is to be proficient in modern technology that helps to improve the capability of learning. After this semester my goal is to reach candidacy, so I can continue with my degree and be that much closer to being in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment